Baltimore County Rental Registration
County Rental Inspections are the necessary first step for licensing
your rental property with the county.
You must have your property inspected by a
Home Inspector who will complete the required inspection and supply a
hard copy of dated photographs of the front and rear of your property.
You will complete the application and other forms and submit
them to Baltimore County Code Enforcement who will issue your three
- Click to call:
I will provide:
- All of the required paperwork.
- A hardcopy of the property photos.
- A detailed instruction sheet.
- Complete the inspection form.
- Hardwired & battery backed interconnected
present and operational. Wireless remote interconnection is acceptable
as long as the smoke detectors are hardwired and approved by a
recognised testing lab such as UL and be listed and approved for sale,
installation and use in Maryland by the Office of the State Fire
- Electrical wires are not visible in living areas.
- There is hot and cold running water in kitchen and
with no leaks below sink area and all toilets flush.
- There are no sleeping areas in the basement or if
there is a
sleeping area in the basement, there is a secondary means of escape as
follows: basement window with minimum 5.5 ft opening with sill height
44 inches or less from floor or basement door with thumb turn dead
- The furnace is either operational or because of
it is unable to be tested.
- Railing is present for interior and exterior stairs
with more than 3
- Carbon Monoxide detectors are located in the common
area out side of
sleeping areas and are operational.
- Are there any other readily observable problems that
inspector's opinion represent an immediate threat to the health or
safety of occupant?